Musical – 20% Theme: To become a competent musician, able to contribute with others in a simi-professonal setting
- Play a music set by the end of the second half, 2014. (Rock/Metal) *Bass Guitar or Rythym Guitar
- Measureable: Play One Set
- Increase core music theory proficiency on bass guitar by end of second half, 2014
- Lessons, weekly, or online aids / tests
- Online Tutorials
- Measureable: Transcription / Songwriting test of unknown song from tab -> standard notation, and inverse
- Extra Credit: Transcription to standard notation from ear
- Techical Proficency on Bass Guitar by end of second half, 2014
- Scale running in various forms.
- Measureable: Be able to run/play the following patterns/scales:
- Rock (pentatonic Minor scale)
- Heptatonic (Egyptian)
Physical – 15% Theme: To maintain a level of fitness that can support an active lifestyle and future health. Quote-“Use it or Lose it”
- Snowboarding – Attempt to make the most use of this season.
- Measurable: Have 20+ On Slopes days this season (H1 2014)
- Martial Arts – Continue to make use of and grow in this skillset.
- Measurable: Be a member of a martial arts community.
Theme: To develop into a leading member of my field, with professonal grade projects, both inside and outside of my employer
Core – 20%
- Work Goals – Designed during each half. TBD. Reflects into emplyer’s goals
- Promotion – Reach the rank of Applied Researcher II within the year.
- Measureable: Obtain next rank within company.
Outside of Employer Professonal Development – 15%
Internet Security – 10%
Theme: To renforce my knowledge of the Internet Security Industry, and to maintain my skills in offensive security, and systems security, with a slight focus on compromising systems and reverse engineering
- Conference – Go to a professonal conference in the field of security
- Measurable: Attend a conference.
- Knowledge – Watch Semenars and talks to stay relevant in the field.
- Measurable: Watch/Particiapte in at least 2 talks a week, for a total of at least 1.5 hours of education.
- Apply – Take the skills gained from conferences and lessons, and put them into practice in a competitive enviroment
- Measurable: Take place in at least one competition per Half.
- Research: Attempt to do some penetration / analysis of my own.
- Measurable: Submit one bug/Security flaw a half in a publicly available service, like Google Chrome or Micorsoft.
Computer Graphics and Game Theory -5%
Theme: To continute to grow in my hobby of computer graphics and game design, with thoughts torwards developing a game down the road.
- Apply and Create – Come up with and develop a system from scratch that can be played by others. *Measurable: Delivery of one game
- Must be using OpenGL or DirectX as drawing layer, with myself handling the interaction on that layer (No abstraction/graphics engine).
Software Development 10%
- Flying T Ipad Replacement Software *Measurable: Ipad app to replace current filemaker pro solution.
Theme: To return to my roots and increase my effort to ground myself spiritually and in my faith, giving me an ethical foundation to stand upon
- Church Involvement – To become involved in one church group *Measurable: Be an active member of one church group.
Theme: To met new people outside the sphere of professonal or personal-professonal influences
- Friendships To make new friends outside of the sphere of professonal or personal development tasks. *Measurable: Add 5-10 new contacts, with 1-2 people whom would be considered “friends”
Theme: Family is important. So is seeing them
- Visit Home
- Measurable: Visit Home once a quarter
From gist on github: https://gist.github.com/Kurios/8447859